CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Rasberry Morning.


I think the title is also the name of a cereal :o) So, sometimes I find it hard to actually STUDY my Bible and I find that writing blogs actually helps me to do this if they are a particular theme that I can relate to my Bible. I think it's sad that so many people miss the beautiful mornings God creates (the sky was raspberry colored at 5:45, the beautiful colors of the morning that you can take in (only) EARLY in the morning. I know it's hard to get up early, esp on days where you really have time to sleep in, or you went to bed at 3am, but God says throughout the Bible to not only seek Him w/your whole heart, but seek Him early. This morning I wanted to sleep real bad, but God wouldn't have it :o) This may sound bad, but I almost want to put God on a kind of "trial" run-He PROMISES in the Bible that if we seek Him, we WILL find Him. (Det 4:29, 1 Chron 15:2, Ps 9:10, Prov 3:6, Prov 8:17, Jer 29:13, Lam 3:25, Matt 7:7, Acts 17:27, Heb 11:6) I guess sometime I get scared that somehow I will lose my focus of Him, that I will be distracted by the things of this world and not fulfill what He has planned for me, I know He will never let me stray too far, but I don't want to spend 40 years on a mountain if I can just obey Him and trust Him and have faith. The trial run is to actually put forth serious time every single day, tyring my BEST to seek Him and find Him, giving up things that may be more appealing to my flesh-it is so hard in this world, but as much as I love God and as much as I have seen how faithful He has remained in my life, why then would I not believe in what He has promised about seeking Him, what could possibly be more imortant than Him?

http://www.learntopray.org/print_materials/messages/d2/d2-7.htm

0 comments: